Also, Christine wants to see A Good Day to Die Hard tomorrow. In Imax. Eh. "Yipee Ki-Yay, Mother Russia" indeed.
In the meantime, I'll take few moments to flesh out the previous post, by showing you the part of the room from which the picture was taken, and my personal favourite spot in the whole place.
Behold, and show proper respect to, the titular Captain's Chair!
Flanked by windows (and Fern the Frog), the Captain's Chair provides views of the lake, the road, the TV, the fireplace, etc. So with a mere gluteus maximus flex, one can rotate from viewing the Lake Cops acting as the thin blue line preventing the Crow Lake area from becoming a cesspool of watery chaos...
...to a rather awesome wife hauling back edibles.
It hasn't been all rotating goodness though. One of the legs on the chair was actually not screwed in (on the top picture, the leg on the right).
I moved the chair when Nanny visited so that we could set up a mattress on the living room floor (for us, not for her...We're not animals...Well, Oscar is...but I digress...). In doing so, that leg actually fell off.
So when I sat in the Captain's Chair the following morning, it tipped forward and I damn near face-planted into the coffee table, thereby risking the ruination of my boyish good looks. But channelling my inner Mike Holmes, I attached that leg properly. And damn it, I made it right!
Now that the chair is fully operational, it will need to prepare to host many a morning coffee. Hope you're getting your rest, Captain's Chair, it's going to be a busy summer.
I moved the chair when Nanny visited so that we could set up a mattress on the living room floor (for us, not for her...We're not animals...Well, Oscar is...but I digress...). In doing so, that leg actually fell off.
So when I sat in the Captain's Chair the following morning, it tipped forward and I damn near face-planted into the coffee table, thereby risking the ruination of my boyish good looks. But channelling my inner Mike Holmes, I attached that leg properly. And damn it, I made it right!
Now that the chair is fully operational, it will need to prepare to host many a morning coffee. Hope you're getting your rest, Captain's Chair, it's going to be a busy summer.




No comments:
Post a Comment