Monday, 1 April 2013

Easter Weekend 2013

You know what guys just LOVE?  Shopping for carpets!  Am I right, boys??

The only thing less pleasant than shopping for rugs for the floors would be shopping for one for the top of my head.  I dodged a bullet where the dining room is concerned though.  Christine went to Lowe's, happened to see one she loved, and bought it.  Badabing!  In a similar situation a few weeks ago, she held off until I got to see said rug and what do you know, by the time we made our way to that store again, it was gone (The rug, that is.  The store was still there).  Disappointment and profanity ensued.

So we brought her up.  Here she is:


Still needs to settle down a bit as, apparently, do the squirrel and bunny stuffies on the table.  I know it's spring, but let's keep this thing PG a'right?  But the rug itself is pretty cottage-appropriate.

That couch has seen better days, and it will soon see even worse ones because it's dump-bound in the next couple of weeks.  At least that's the plan; damn thing weighs more than a station wagon. I wish Nanny was here to help; she did a splendid job hauling in the floating dock last fall.

In other heart-stopping news, the shower curtain project is progressing along nicely.

Fish!

In truth, the only reason the curtain isn't actually up is because we know we'll have the plumber in to get the water flowing again soon(ish), so we're keeping the area clear(ish).  So far all intents and purposes, that's done.

And while the going is slow, we ARE getting there.  Here's the beach (we own a beach!) these days:


Still pretty solid, but I don't know that I'd have the stones to do this:



We did notice that we never saw them return...Maybe we should have acted on that...But you know, we wanted to go have dinner in Westport...I'd run out of that yummy dill mustard and wanted to buy another jar, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment