Now we all know that a small town Farmers Market is a dog-eat-dog environment. You can't let your guard down for a moment or you'll end up getting punked by some old hippie who's all "peace and love, man" until it's you, him and the last cinnamon bun on the table. All of sudden, it's survival of the fittest. Peace and love are tossed right out the smoke-filled Volkswagon van window. Pave paradise, put up a boxing ring.It was determined by not me that we would be out a little earlier this Saturday in order to beat the bun rush and avoid once again having our spirits shattered. I was reminded of my days as a stock
But I digress...
Awokened (what? No way that's right...) at roughly 6AM by a daschund licking my back (or at least I assume it was Oscar, otherwise things got a little weird for a moment there...), I crawled out of bed, threw my bathing suit on, and jumped in the lake.
My pre-dive view
Whoo!! That's a jolt!
That's one of those things that you think might be cool to do "one day" (well, some people think that...) but when dozing under the covers in your comfy bed, you're not exactly bristling with motivation to dive into a misty lake. But dang it, the water's finally a decent temperature, a mere 10 months after we bought the place, so off I went.
My mum told me that this is something that, of all people, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith does regularly. From a cottage (or small home, whatever) in one of the Carolinas, the first thing he does in the morning is dive into the lake. And look at how well he's aged!


No comments:
Post a Comment