That's not a knock. I like Canadian football far more than American. But I still enjoy American football a whole lot. Same with the cottage. July and August aren't bad, they're just "least great".
But now the skeeters are gone, as are the jetskis, fireworks, and so on. People either come to cottages to party or for the peace and quiet. It'll surprise very few to hear that we're among the latter group. I generally appreciate the sound of people enjoying themselves, but some go a little too far out of their way to make sure that everyone knows they're having a good time, if you get what I mean.Well, those guys leave after labour day. Now it's "our type" out here for a couple of months, spending time with the turtles and loons.
So last post I mentioned a couple of projects; one completed, one just getting started. Before I get into all that I want to talk about...breakfast.
People who post pictures of every single meal they make, no matter how mundane ("Having toast. With peanut butter!") are said to be among the most annoying on Facebook. They are lumped in with people who constantly post their religious beliefs, their political views, how cute their kids are, and how tired they (which seems to be every minute of the day).
But this isn't Facebook so to hell with all that. Here's what I made Saturday morning.
Breakfast pizza!!
Isn't that awesome? Garden tomatoes, mushroom, onion, broccoli, two layers of cheese and an Italian/Garlic spice blend. Christine said it was "restaurant quality". Ah! Take THAT, Ronald McDonald, you clown!
I had a little adversity to overcome during the preparation period. Somebody** decided that it was OK to make a stinky on the living room floor. But I dealt with that and still worked some egg-based magic. That was fun. The magic part.
**Oscar
All right, so "completed" project was a simple one on paper. We have a map of the nearby lakes near The Captain's Chair. Here is what it looked like.
It was such an obvious idea to properly frame and centre it that it even occurred to *me*.
This desire was mentioned to my dad, at which point he decided to see what he could put together himself with extra flooring left over from a home project. So now it looks like this:
The word you're looking for is "awesome".
It might seem like small change but it was a big deal to me to get it taken care of at some point. That map was like a blinking digital clock in the room. It caught my eye every time I walked in. Still does, but now it's in a good way.
The other project is a garden of sorts. Here's what it looks like right now.
It's OK if you found that a little underwhelming.
That rowboat is solid, but mostly useless. Between the kayaks, canoe and pedal boat, no one is going out for a row across the lake. And it ate up a boat load (I guess) of space on the beach (we own a beach!). Our beach is about the size of a high school locker, but still.
So Christine will turn it into it's own eco-system. Well...She'll start with a garden with a water feature in the middle but I'm sure it'll turn into something mind-blowingly spectacular over time (no pressure).
All *I* want is to work in a pirate at the front end, facing the water. And not one of those pansy pirates like Jack Sparrow or Captain Morgan (gay much??). A bad-ass pirate.
So expect occasional updates about that little endeavour throughout the spring. Ahrrr, matey!!




No comments:
Post a Comment