Officially, the picture below was the first taken (as an owner, anyway) and, clearly, it was for the purpose of recording another first.
Port, brought to me straight from the source by Caroline.
I needed it too, because I had to be a warrior that evening. It was dark when we arrived and we didn't know where all the light switches were yet (and even now that we do, some are peculiarly positioned anyway). It had poured rain all day and we were doing a quick check of the place to make sure there was no damage.
I made my way to the sun room and ran my hand up and down the wall by the door to try to find a light switch. There is none. But there was a hornet there. And it was grumpy. And it let me know.
At first I thought I had just gotten a sliver but my thumb started going numb. It wasn't until I went back to the room later and saw that beast on the wall that I realised I'd been victimised.
Sure, you might think it was "just" a hornet, but if my recollection is sound, it was about the size of a kitten. A mean kitten. So that made for a good
The following morning, we had coffee / hot chocolate to start the day.
And now you know why I'm so excited about my Crow Lake mug!


No comments:
Post a Comment