I swear this is the truth; I was dreaming that I was kayaking in choppy tropical waters, and having a grand old time navigating the waves. Then I woke up when Oscar ran into bed at 4:45AM and Christine said something like "If you feel really energetic this morning, feel free to shovel the driveway before you go to work". Ottawa was in the middle of getting 20+ centimetres of snow.
Like most of you no doubt, I am at my most energetic at 5:15AM, so there I was in the driveway, slowly shoveling away my will to live. And, not surprisingly, looking forward to my next cottage visit.
That visit is actually
Things should be significantly different from our last visit, when I again spent a fair bit of my time messing with leaves.
This shot would be more impressive if I were tall.
I mentioned before that the previous owners generously left us with many toys and tools, some of which we're still just stumbling across. My highlight this time was finding a totally boss leaf blower. Leaf blower!
It's a Yardworks...something or other. Turns out we may already have one at home of which I was not aware (research pending). But having one at home is just not the same. Using it at home feels like work. Blargh. If we do have another one, then I shall bring it to the cottage next year and attack those leaves with one those bad boys in each hand. I'll be like this guy, but in a garden:
The Gardenator
My blower looks kind of like the beast at right (you know...a leaf blower...). We weren't prepared to get a good shot of me using that thing, but that is probably for best as so much awesomeness compressed into such a small area would surely break the internet.In the meantime, we'll see what happens tomorrow. We could be there for hours or for all of 15 minutes. If we drive almost two hours to be there 15 minutes, it's arguably a victory in a "no news is good news" kind of way. If so, we'll grab a bite to eat and do a little shopping in Westport, then head home to Oscar dog.

No comments:
Post a Comment