Christine had vacation to burn. I took last Friday and Monday off so that we could head up and start opening the cottage. Beds are made, boards are off the windows, and the living room floor reno is started. We didn't have running water yet but got by regardless. That first "man-made" flush takes quite a leap of faith, I can assure you.
The weather was the opposite of great but there was still a pretty hopping crowd. If I recall correctly, I read that over 20,000 people attended last year. We arrived early and there were already a fair amount of people milling about. By the time we left, it was getting difficult to walk down the street.It actually took a while to find anything "maple". There were plenty of displays for various organization and businesses but it wasn't until a little further in that the maple goodies started to appear.
Pretty much the standard stuff, mind you. Fudge, taffy, butter, syrup...Compared to what Chris brought back from Nova Scotia last year (sparkling wine, white chocolate), the lack of variety was a little disappointing.
Until I came across...maple soap! Genius! It can be breakfast AND part of your morning shower! You can go to work smelling like a stack of pancakes! Who doesn't like the smell of pancakes? Am I right, people?
I pointed this out to the gentleman at the booth and he said he'd steal the idea for promotional purposes. Sure, just think of me when you're a billionaire. Additional tip: Do the breakfast part first.
Some more sights below.
I don't know what the hell these things are.
Potato Spirals! Apparently a favourite of the Perth PD!
I think I'm bothering the guy on the far left.
We weren't there very long but it was a nice time and I think it's going to be a regular occurrence for us from here on in.






No comments:
Post a Comment