Sunday, 16 November 2014

No posts in October???

I didn't realize it had been that long.  Why didn't one of you say something??? ;-)

It turns out that the last few weekends of cottage season were largely uneventful (which, you know, is kind of nice from time to time...). We had made some plans but they feel through so we were left with leaves to burn and animals to feed (and villains to capture in the Batman series of video games but no cares about that. For the record though, I'm THAT much closer to catching that Riddler jerk. I WILL get him).



I may look pretty miserable there but truth is I'm seldom happier than in front of a fire in the fall (indoor or outdoor). Maybe I'm happier when the RedBlacks win.  So like I said, seldom.

Still, some things got done. We did have Kathy over on a lovely Thanksgiving weekend...


...a visit which was kicked off by replacing the leather couch in the dining room.

Now pardon me, but...that was one heavy bastard. It was a sofa bed, all wood and old, cracked leather...Just dreadful. Comfy enough, mind you! But still. It was time to see what my old friend Dumpmaster Gary was up to.

Kathy delivered replacement couch and for the life of me, I can not find a picture of it now. I could have sworn I'd taken one but I just can't seem to come across it. Whatever. I'll have plenty of opportunity to get one another day because THAT couch isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Another minor project got taken care of earlier that day. Remember those fence posts I "made"?


We had one 12-foot length of wood remaining (always better to have too much than not enough). So I cut it in half, then split one of the halves down the middle to make a frame of sorts for the kitchen garden.


I like that kind of job because it sounds a fair bit harder than it actually is. Then I have the choice to either a) make it sound like a terrible ordeal or b) make it sound like it would be a terrible ordeal for anyone else, but it wasn't for me. I choose based on my desired outcome.

Anyway, it's not exactly the sort of change that will set property values soaring, but the garden looks a bit more organized now and we have a bit of a path to the compost box.

We've done more since, and I'll go over that in the next post, but in the meantime here are some results of the animal feeding referred to earlier.






No comments:

Post a Comment