Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Hey, Look Who Dropped By!

There was a fair bit of traffic at CFB Crow Lake over the past weekend!

Rob and Deb came down on Saturday and spent the mosquito-filled night. Their timing was very convenient; we'd nearly finished the remaining steps in clearing Frankenshed's skeleton. Rob pitched in to tucking away a couple of floor panels and that was that. From then on, it was all sun, food and drink and not necessarily in that order of priority.

Now when people come over, they sometimes bring wine, coffee, food, etc. Not content with following the standard operating procedure, Rob and Deb surprised us by bringing an umbrella.


This is my bad, but the picture comes off a bit like when you see blatant product placement in movies. Right, Arnold?

I think there are now more pictures of Arnold on this blog than of my mum.

Anyway, everybody good and thirsty now? Good.

The story is this: Debbie's nephew owns a pub named O'Grady's Outpost in town. Every year they are given umbrellas for the patio to replace the previous year's batch. We've now ended up with one of last year's "models" which by necessity need to be considered obsolete. We're all too happy to prevent umbrella waste, so here we are. The moose head logo is certainly a good thematic fit, too, so winning all around.

Then on Sunday afternoon, we had a rookie visitor.


I don't even know how to begin abbreviating how this came to pass. Truth is, I'm not even sure I understand it all! If it doesn't involve capes and/or linebackers, I'm pretty helpless.

But bottom line, as most people reading this will know, Christine's dad spends a few summer/fall months near North Bay. Kathy assisted him in getting out there this year, and they visited us on the way to getting her home. So it was a relatively brief stop, but one we'd been looking forward to for some time now.

Between those two events, we found out that George is an excellent canoe dog. I didn't take any pictures of that because he might have been a terrible canoe dog and that could result in much wetness and loss of photographic equipment. But now that we know, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment