Monday, 29 June 2015

Frankenshed has fallen! Frankenshed has fallen!

Well, it never really had a chance. :-)


This actually took place on Sunday, June 21st. Been looking forward to posting it since.

The day before was beautiful so we enjoyed the sun and water. But at about 8AM on Sunday morning, while I was holding a cup of coffee, still wearing pyjama pants and digging out the crusty stuff from my eyes, Christine said "So you're going to work on the shed today?".  It sounded an awful lot to me like "So you're going to work on the shed today". Punctuation makes all the difference.

And so off I went.

Now I kid about this little project, but there's credit to be handed out. It's not as though Christine left me there while she drank margaritas. She got her hands plenty dirty too. And my dad made an invaluable contribution in demolishing a concrete part of the foundation. I'm not sure I would have known where to start where that part of the task was concerned.

We're still not out of the woods, technically. Most of the crap you see above has been cleared out, but the floor and its frame remain in place. We're trying to work out what we want do in that spot and whether any of what's left is salvageable. But until we come to a decision, at least the view has improved tremendously.

Speaking of credit earlier, while doing my usual clean up of errors, typos, formatting snafus and so on after a post, it occurred to me that I failed to mention in the previous one that it was my dad who installed the woodlands light fixture in the hallway, not the electrician. I don't want to seem dismissive of that because we absolutely love that thing. We weren't sure that weekend whether any of them would get done, but having that one up was progress enough that anything else was (mushroom) gravy. So thanks again for that, pappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment