It was a relatively quick day trip. They left late morning on Saturday, stayed long enough to have dinner and came back in early evening or so. I don't recall exactly; I stayed home with Oscar and fell asleep with him on the basement floor in front of...get this...a football game!
The goal was for Nanny to see the place before she left for Halifax. Mission accomplished, but we're going to take her there again this weekend and spend a couple of nights. I'm hoping she'll be a sport and help me haul in the dock. All I need her to do is get in the water and push. We'll see how she feels.
Apparently I've drawn dinner duties on Saturday night. I'm tasked with making an Italian veggie casserole, one of the first meals I made successfully after overcoming my Oikiphobia.
That means a little time in the kitchen. I have yet to spend a whole lot of time there yet (imagine...) but there is one aspect of it I quite appreciate.
Around the time we were buying our current house, Christine mentioned that she'd always wanted a sunny kitchen. Sure enough, our kitchen gets almost no sun at all. I don't know why, because it's not as though she mentions it frequently, but I always remembered that she wasn't able to scratch that off her wish list.
She's a little closer to having it now.
But it still improves a view that is already slightly more pleasant than staring at the cars parked on our street. It almost puts you in the mood to clean dishes!
Almost.

No comments:
Post a Comment