Monday, 17 September 2012

Weekend of Sept 15th & 16th

This post is brought to you by...Sortilège maple whiskey liqueur.  Golden yellow in colour and sweet, this product boasts a intense nose exuding empyreumatic and vegetal aromas. On the palate, its light acidity and unctuous texture precede a long finish.**

In other words, it's really yummy!  And it was our drink of choice on Saturday night.  I stumbled into it at the LCBO in Astorville the week we visited while my folks rented a cottage out there.  Christine said "better buy it now while we can still afford it".  I could not argue with that line of reasoning.

There were two pleasant surprises this past weekend.  The first was having my dad show up, as he was not expected.  We were under the impression that he had another commitment and that my mom and sister would come down, but something came up and he ended up joining us.

The second was that a gentleman named Lloyd, who lives across the street year-round, dropped by to assist us in removing a futon from our place.  The removal of that futon was a goal that had eluded us the previous week.  Christine had asked Lloyd's wife (Gail) for instructions/directions that Saturday only to find out that we were too late to act anyway.

A week later, this guy not only remembered but came to our door to OFFER to help.  How do you like that?  That's the small town mentality at work.  If we'd been in Ottawa, I'd have probably been told to go screw myself, punched in the pants, then sued.

The point of removing that futon was to open up that corner a bit.  Here's the listing picture:


And the current state:


I should probably have removed the bag of garbage hanging from the door before taking that shot...

You can't tell from the original picture, but the piece of furniture under the window was previously against the right wall, by the table (off frame).  Moving it allowed us to extend the table "permanently" and still make it easier to get around.


So opening up one corner caused another to be more spacious too.  Well, once we find a home for the stuff over on the left, of course.  And obviously we want to add some of our own wall coverings and so on.

Work in progress.  No rush.

** I didn't write that, I found it on some website.  Although I think I remember telling mum that one of my favourite things about Sortilège is its empyreumatic aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment