Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner

This post is brought to you by...Covered Bridge Chips!  Christine states that the creamy dill variety is among the best flavour of potato chip she has ever tried.  So, there you have it.

Bloody hell, how I love tofurky.  I really do!  I know to most people it sounds like the equivalent of being served a bath sponge for dinner but for me it is among the meat substitutes I like more than the real thing.

Christine gets the Tofurky Roast, whips up some mashed potatoes, snow peas and butternut squash with walnuts and BAM!!  Thanksgiving awesomeness!  And the-day-after-Thanksgiving-awesomeness.  And since we're spending a good part of our day catching up to recorded football and NASCAR, probably the-day-after-the-day-after-Thanksgiving awesomeness too.  Sounds good to me; I could eat it daily until Easter.


Little something about the above spot; In the September 15th/16th post I mentioned that the corner at the top middle of the above picture needed to be cleared.  We've done that and here's a picture from last week to display that a bit.


The shelves and dresser at right have been moved (and you can assume the cookies are gone, too).  The lamp was taken from another room and moved to this one because it matches the ceiling fan almost perfectly.

Most importantly, the canoe picture was a gift from Kathy from many years back for which we'd struggled to find a suitable spot.  It could not be more appropriate for a cottage and so it finally gets the proper display area that it deserves.

More to come once fully recovered from multiple tofurky dinners.


No comments:

Post a Comment