Thursday, 2 May 2013

April 28th! The SECOND day of...you get the idea...

Some guys get dragged to department stores by their wives.  I get dragged to the landfill.

We spent a good part of Sunday morning clearing out the two outdoor buildings; Christine worked on getting the bunkie back in working order, I sighed and attacked the shed.  Combined, we built up a fair bit of dump-worthy material.

The dude who runs the dump is going to think I really enjoy the place.  It's my 3rd visit, the second in three weeks, and I have one more planned for when we throw out the couch.  And I went once last fall.

Gary (we're on a first-name basis...) must wonder what aspect of the landfill I enjoy so much.  The  omnipresent aroma, or do I go for the ambiance?  The sense of renewal and rebirth?  I suspect soon my-new-best-friend Gary will name a dump section after me.  "Old comic books and Ottawa Renegades merchandise?  Head on over to the Fournier section, my brother".

T'was a worthwhile endeavour, however.  The work bench in the shed is now accessible.  For my dad.  I have no more business in front of a workbench than I do in front of an operating table.


The shed does have good storage capacity though (as a good shed should, otherwise it's just a really shitty bungalow), and dad and I have had preliminary discussion as to how to improve its appearance outside.  Translated, that means I asked what we should do and he came up with what sounds like a good idea, assuming I understood it properly.  As functional as the shed is, you couldn't help but improve the outside.

The bunkie was just made a little more practical.  We want to use it as a boathouse of sorts to store our kayaking equipment but if someone (up to three someones, with certain size limitations) want to spend the night in there one time, they can have at it.


All told, including the futon in the sun room and two couches, this place provides sleeping spaces for 11 people.  And that's actually a reduction from the Milligans' total.

One bathroom though.  ;-) 

Actually, there's a chemical toilet in the bunkie, but...we have yet to try it out.  That's one of those deals where even a man would read the instructions first.  You really need to get that one right the first time...

No comments:

Post a Comment