Thursday, 9 May 2013

Crow Lake Productions presents: The Vortex Crisis

The Scene: Some dumbass impatiently tosses a Nerf Vortex over his head and it ends up in the lake, seemingly lost forever.  What to do??!

The Cast:
Jean-François Fournier: Action hero, and let's face it, born for the part
Christine Fournier: Love interest, well out of the hero's league, and sudden videographer
Oscar D. Wiener: Token comic relief, 22 flatulent pounds of cute
Nerf Vortex: Annoying obvious product placement

JFF: "Good Heavens!!  The Nerf Vortex has found its way into the lake and is slowly floating away!  Surely this is the work of a fiend, or fool!"

CF: "Hurry, Captain of my heart!  To the pedal boat!

JFF: "That's a mighty swell idea, love of my life!"

Oscar: "Arf!"

Chugga chugga chugga chugga!!

"Cease thy infernal bobbing, toy, or it's Davey Jones' locker for you!"

Great Success!!

CF: "Oh, my silver fox!  You've saved the day once again!"

JFF: "All in a day's work, ma'am!"

Oscar: "Arf!  *pant* *pant* Arf!"

JFF: "Couldn't have said it better myself, little chum!  Ha ha ha ha ha!"

CF:  "Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Fade to black.
This was actually a little embarrassing because...it's the second time it's happened.  I did something similar at the cottage my folks rented in North Bay and Christine made the save that time.  So I felt pretty small (don't take the obvious dig there, please) about doing it AGAIN.  Ugh.

On the upside, I never cared a crap about the pedal boat until that day.  I thought I'd never use it, to tell the truth.  With our own kayaks, a canoe and row boat, a pedal boat wasn't particularly appealing.  But after that daring rescue, I used it to place the cottage's water intake hose in a different spot...



...then Christine and I took Oscar dog on a little ride.  He's not a water dog by any stretch of the imagination though, so that didn't last real long.  Earlier, we also used it to push a floating dock into its position for the summer.

So I stand corrected; it's not a long distance craft at all, but it has its uses.  It'll come in real handy the next time I toss something into the lake by mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment