Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Unintentional re-gifting, sort of.

I'm not blaming Kathy for this.  She is not responsible for my poor short-term memory.

I opened the CFB Crow Lake fridge on Friday night, internally debating what to have to drink after the drive up, and screeched gleefully like a high school girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

This.


No staging there at all...

I realise I'm talking about maple cream liqueur shortly after expressing concern at accumulating wine bottle corks, but...oh my, this is good stuff.  Nice surprise. It was handed over to me (Us?  No...me...) the previous weekend, but I'd forgotten so it was like it was being given to me all over again.  Eek!!

This WAS actually given to me this past weekend.


Great Caesar's Ghost...

I love me some Sortilège but we've wondered whether it was popular enough to remain available.  This seems like a good sign.

That bottle is not being opened until we go on the weekend of June 15th, for our anniversary.  Christine might get to sample it too.  :-)  I'd like to tell you that it took an enormous feat of will to not open it, but the upside of having very little short-term memory is that...huh...well, I'm sure it wasn't very important.

We made another trip to the Sharbot Lake Farmers' Market on a chilly Saturday morning.  Our big catch was the decadent cinnamon bun at below left, for the following morning.


It would be easy to poke a little fun at Christine and say that there's a piece missing because she just couldn't wait to dive onto that thing.  That's not the case though.  I simply forgot to take the picture before she removed her piece.  I don't recall if I've mentioned it before, but my short-term memory is terrible.

Christine's gluttony would have been justified because she spent a fair bit of the previous day working on Kathy's chunk of garden. She had already begun work on the upper left portion (where those little red and white flowers are), so Caroline and mum can arm-wrestle for the bottom left part if they want.


Look out!  The obligatory Oscar shot is next!


So that's about it for now.  We're going again this weekend, but I probably won't be able to update this blog the following week.  Not that I'm terribly concerned that you'll all feel like you have no reason tor live in the meantime, but I don't want anyone to suspect that it might be because something went wrong or some such.  Not at all the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment