We were left all kinds of dishes when we took possession of the cottage, but I noticed that we didn't have much in the way of glass mugs for refreshing summer beverages. With the added benefit of decluttering stately Fournier Manor in mind, we brought the pair of these to CFB Crow Lake.
The mugs were a gift from Chantal when Christine and I visited Calgary in 1998. We spent an afternoon at the Columbia Icefield (obviously) and these were given to us as a souvenir. Here's a shot from that day.
Prior to "renting" that delicious liquid, Christine and I called upon the adventurous spirit displayed above and took our canoe Scott out for a paddle.
Scott is actually his name. It says so on the side.
We made surprisingly good time and Oscar is WAY better in a canoe than in a kayak (shocking, I know) or pedal boat. Yes, he wanders around about a bit more than we'd like, constantly changing sides from which to look over the side (tip: It's just going to be more water), but he seems interested rather than nervous. That's a significant upgrade. So aside from occasionally licking or biting your paddle, he's absolutely no problem.
We (Christine and I) checked the map by the Captain's Chair and sure enough, it's a tiny rock formation and not a dead floater. We resolved to investigate further and return with photographic evidence. You might need to right click and open the picture below in another tab or window to get a better look.
Then Kathy showed up and the weather went all to hell. Coincidence? I don't see how it can be. More on that day's events later; I still need to trim and resize some shots first.
Oh yeah, and we saw Elvis.






No comments:
Post a Comment