Spring has been painfully slow in arriving around here. My dad and I "enjoyed" snow flurries during our weekend at the cottage two weeks ago but when Christine and I went last weekend, we were greeted by these:
Nice, eh? That was encouraging!
Well, this past Friday evening, just a week later, there were a great deal more. All over our decks.
I guess they don't stay up there very long. I can admit that they actually look kind of pretty, if I can convince you to imagine me saying that in the most manly way possible. Pretty enough that...we left them there.
We had another greeting; one hundred million gajillion black flies. They're...not as pretty. But while they were numerous, they didn't bother
us me too much. For some reason though, on Sunday, they attempted to eat Christine alive. Not cool.
The odd thing about that is that the day before, we took Oscar dog for a walk on a nearby trail. The idea had been pitched to us a couple of times last year by, I believe, the salesperson and one of the previous owners.
We stumbled into the trail's location while
snooping around exploring the area two weekends ago, so it was on the to-do checklist for Saturday. There were plenty of flies there too, as you can imagine. They'd land on you, but didn't bite. But Sunday, they were fierce! Well...against Christine. They were pretty nice to me.
Here's a quick look at the walk. Because we had Oscar we took the shorter of the two trails. We'll save the other one for when one of our visitors feels like strolling 3.5K one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment