Thursday, 23 May 2013

New Tradition

Even though Kathy ruined the weather somehow, we still all had a nice time on Sunday and early Monday.

While we were burning leaves (still?!), Oscar got a little run in.  Burn those winter calories, baby!  Everyone loves a lean sausage!


A performance which earned him a great honour.

"I dub thee...Sir Oscar Fartsalot!"

And hey, I saw a turtle!


Amidst the merriment, Christine told me about something of a tradition that she started.

Check out the glass vase below.  And pronounce it so it rhymes with "face", not so it rhymes with "was".  The latter sounds pretentious and awful.  I don't care if there's actually a difference between the two identified by pronunciation.  Whatever the "was" version is, it has no place in CFB Crow Lake.

Anyway, the vase (rhymes with "face"):


See the cork at the bottom?  It is from the bottle of wine below.  That bottle was bought in Nova Scotia by Christine during her recent visit there and delivered by Kathy on Sunday, along with a sun-obliterating cloud formation the size of Brazil. (I do kid...).


Isn't that lovely?

Christine's plan is to collect all the wine bottle corks into that glass "vase-rhymes-with-face" until it fills up, thereby creating a lovely display of...huh...

Well, this was my concern, actually. What if this thing is filled up in the space of, like, a month?  I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad one. It might be attractive, but also slightly disturbing.

Christine reasoned it out.  Not every wine bottle has cork in it anymore.  Some have metal caps.

I suppose...I'm not sure that actually addresses my point though...It might even support it.

I'll ponder that more deeply as I toss the next cork in.

No comments:

Post a Comment